Complex, difficult problems are the bane of even the most well-planned change effort.
“Wicked” problems can be intractable and enduring. “Sticky” issues can haunt and weaken the motivation for change. Emergent complexity can derail organizational investments for desired change. Unprepared for and unseen “dynamical change” forces have led more than a few 9-step and phase-based change models into a performance quagmire. Watching another large, small, or organizational change effort fall by the wayside does not have to be your fate. Complexity science, systems thinking, and adaptive action are the new technologies repositioning organizations for change success by connecting leaders with agile, responsive complexity based tools. Facilitating and Managing Complex Systems Change upgrades participant’s Newtonian change thinking for tomorrows complex realities.
Elements and Expectations
Participants in this course obtain will:
- Gain immediate actionable and useable tools and methods for complex change leadership;
- Understand new and dynamic perspectives on leading change;
- Benefit from experiential learning;
- Delve into the visible and unseen influences within human systems;
- Learn new tools, methods, and models to empower their change toolkit;
- Embrace an appreciation of “Emergent behavior” and “Self-organization”; and
- Acquire access to a global network of practitioners equipped facilitating and leading complex change.
This course is offered in two forms, in-person and virtual. In-person courses require you to be at the course location for the duration of the course, which might require travel and lodging at your own expense. Virtual courses are taught on-line and do not require travel, but they do require you to have computer and internet access to attend the course. The price for each is the same. You can easily see whether a particular session is in-person or virtual by looking at the calendar and registration page to see the venue listed for each session.
In Spring 2020, we have scheduled one virtual course which spans the following dates. Registering once for the virtual course registers you for all of these online sessions:
- February 6, 2020 from 4:00 to 6:00 PST
- February 13, 2020 from 4:00 to 6:00 PST
- February 20, 2020 from 4:00 to 6:00 PST
- February 27, 2020 from 4:00 to 6:00 PST
- March 5, 2020 from 4:00 to 6:00 PST
- March 12, 2020 from 4:00 to 6:00 PST
There will be no charge for the OD Certificate Trackers who have Paid in Full. Trackers who are paying on installments or on a course by course basis will be charged according to their contracts. For the general public the tuition for this course is $3,100. The Tuition fee does not include accommodations.
For in-person sessions, the course begins at 8:30am on the first day and ends at 3pm on the last day. For virtual sessions, joining instructions and details will be provided to registrants.
Need help discerning which OD change-related course is the best fit for you? Click here to view our Decision Diagram for OD Change Courses